Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chrissim16
Frequent Visitor

Unable to get SAP BW Connector Preview working

Hi Everyone,

We are trying to evaluate Power BI for our SAP BW reporting purposes. The newest version of PowerBI Desktop has the new BW connector as a preview which would allow direct connection to the BW cubes. However, we are unable to get the connection up as we get the following message:

"SAP Business Warehouse: An error occured when contacting the service: Cannot call classic RFC API. See help for details.
Please put a recent 64-bit version of librfc32.dll in your System32 folder (typically C:\Windows\System32).
See SAP note 413708. Please make sure you have installed Visual C++ 2005 SP1 ATL Security Update (x64)"

We followed the steps that were suggested in this document  (SAP KB) :

1. Before going further in this document please make sure that you have downloaded and installed the most recent version of Microsoft Power BI Desktop tool from Here (Version: 2.33.4337.281 64-bit (March, 2016)   )

2.Make Sure to activate the new preview feature by navigating to Menu--> Options --> Preview Features  and checking the SAP BusinessWarehouse Connector option as shown below.

3. Download the most Recent version of librfc32.dll 64-bit version from Support Packages and Patches | SAP Support Portal , take your Basis Admin's help.Place the file in your systems C:\Windows\System32 location .

4.  Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 from here

5. Make sure that Your Basis Administrator has disabled the Single Sign On option for your user account and enabled the Logon using Username/Password option.

but we still getting the same error message. Are there any other prerequisites that we should know of? Has anyone been able to successfully connect to their BW environment?

3 REPLIES 3
chrissim16
Frequent Visitor

I was able to get it to work for the 32-bit version, no such luck yet for the 64-bit

How did you make it to work with 32 bit version , are you able to pull the data from BW ? 

Using 32-bit Power Bi Desktop I didn't need to install any component to connect to BW, but I'm having problems with more than 100.000 records.

Have you tried https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-sap-bw-connector/ ???

I couldn´t find the 6.40 RFCSDK for Windows (32-bit application) on SAP Support Portal.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors