Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sagars_vCon
Frequent Visitor

Unable to create data source. OAuth login through the on-premises data gateway was unsuccessful

Hi,

I'm trying to add a custom connector(.mez file) as a data source to the gateway, so, that the report can be set to schedule refresh.

Right now schedule refresh button is greyed out and even this data source setup is giving an error - 

Unable to create the data source. OAuth login through the on-premises data gateway was unsuccessful. Specific error details are available below and in the gateway logs.
Details: A non-serializable exception was encountered.
Sagars_vCon_0-1658149025540.png

Is this something to do with the Authentication mode? Right now it is set to oAuth2 by default and no other options are available in the dropdown. On clicking Edit Credentials, it opens, signs in and then closes the pop-up automatically, and then shows the error that I mentioned above.
Some help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Sagars_vCon
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-kkf-msft,

I was also able to reach till this level, but as soon as I click on edit credential and finish the login then I get this error and due to that data source creation process never gets completed.

I tried doing this on Incognito mode too, and there I could clearly see that once I enter Bentley ID it log me in using SSO but then I get this error while clicking on the create button.

Let me know if it lets you to create the datasource.

Snag_c2aeaf.png

Hi @Sagars_vCon ,

I was also unable to successfully create credentials. I think the reason is the connector, maybe you can try asking the developer of this connector.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Sagars_vCon
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-kkf-msft ,

I'm relatively new to this, but, I tried adding that TestConnection section too and it didn't work. I can share the link of that publicly available custom connector here, would you mind taking a look at that?

Thanks in advance

Hi @Sagars_vCon ,

I am testing with the latest version of the standard gateway. First we need to make sure that the SYNCHRO4D connector is shown in the connector page of the gateway. 

vkkfmsft_1-1658392213694.png

Then enable "Allow user's custom data connectors to refresh through this gateway cluster" in the gateway settings. 

vkkfmsft_2-1658392337976.png

Then I can enter the credentials using the OAuth2 authentication method.

vkkfmsft_0-1658392177113.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sagars_vCon ,

For custom connectors to work with the on-premises data gateway, we need to implement a “TestConnection” section in the custom connector’s code. Please make sure your test connection is working.

For more information, please refer to:

Use custom data connectors with the on-premises data gateway 

Part 9 - TestConnection 

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors