Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vidotom Helper III
Helper III

Re: Unable to change path for datasource in uploaded pbix file in powerbi.com

Hi folks,

Today I ran into the very same problem. I have a data source to a file in SharePoint Online. The file was moved to a different location in SharePoint. I updated the path in Power BI Desktop accordingly, then published the PBIX file to the Power BI Service.

Now the data refresh in the Power BI Service doesn't work anymore, because the data source is duplicated: both the previous version and the new version show up. And the old one obviously doesn't work anymore.

This makes the refresh impossible. There is an extra - and broken - data source in the web, which doesn't exist on the desktop app. I deleted the data set, then re-published it: that didn't change anything. There is a ghost datasource, which is visible only in the web service.

I saw in this thread that this was supposed to be fixed a year ago. Well, it isn't. Or it came back. Anyways, it needs fixing. I can reproduce the issue.

Arnaud91

Re: Unable to change path for datasource in uploaded pbix file in powerbi.com

When I upload and configure this report https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/PowerON-Power-BI-ConfigMgr-0cd61c5f to our on premise power bi (January 2019) I have a very strange issue, it shows me 2 datasource on the Data sources tab in the report server web page but i see only one in power bi desktop...

The first one is

pdms01ps1;CM_P01

Probably a test when the power PI report was generated and as it is non existent in my environement i cannot schedule a refresh of the report...

Any idea ?

Arnaud

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors