Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gjross

Unable to Load Data - Row Limit?

I have a SQL direct connection to my DB in Azure and I am wanting to report data from a view which pulls the records from a couple of tables over the last 365 days. In my view, I have calculated a 'Success Rate' column, which simply divides 2 columns and multiplies the result by 100 (to give it a percentage view, if you like). There are around 900 rows.

Now, when I try to pull the 'success' column into a report in PowerBi, I get;

Couldn't Load the Data for this Visual

Please try again later

I then an identical view to pull records from the last 30 days and it ran fine. There are 74 rows.

What is the limit on the number of rows Power BI is able to work with??

1 REPLY 1
Bjoern
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@gjross

Well, I do not know that we have a spefic row limit. Nevertheless, the files should not exceed 250 MB, which usually equals to several million rows of data. I have also used that data for visuals and tables. Also, for different backends I have not experienced something similar to what you have described.

Where have you created the "success rate" column? In the backend or in Power BI?

DirectQuery does not work with measures and calc. columns in Power BI so far. I guess we will see some improvements there soon, as DirectQuery is the go-to-solution.

// What i recommend: Use other visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors