Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JRWang

Unable to Connect to OneDrive for Business

I am unable to access my Group Workspace's OneDrive. I have two of them and it works for one but not the other. The one I want to access, I joined just a few hours ago, but it has yet to work. It always shows me this message:

Note: If you've already signed up, it may take a little whilte to create your account. Please check back in an hour.

I have waited several hours and it hasn't worked. Why does it think I'm not signed in?

Any help is appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
JRWang

I have two group workspaces. The first works perfectly. The second that I just joined today won't let me access its OneDrive. Whenever I try to, I always get this message:

Note: If you've already signed up, it may take a little while to create your account. Please check back in an hour.

It's already been several hours and it still doesn't let me access the OneDrive. Why does it think I haven't signed in? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

@JRWang Do you have the same permissions within each group?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I do. Read write access all around.

@JRWang Just for my clarity, you get this message when you click on the elipses next to the Power BI Group and click "File" - right?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

No. I can access the "Files" page. But when I click the "OneDrive" button, it takes me to a new page with only that message.

Hi @JRWang,

According to your description, when you click on "OneDrive" button like below then the error throws out, right?

q3.PNG

Based on my test, wherever we click this "OneDrive" button on My Workspace or Group Workspace, the opened page will direct to our own  OneDrive for Business site with the same account used in Power BI Service. In your scenario, have you enabled your OneDrive for Business site before? For this issue , you can contact OneDrive for Business experts for help at this link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onedrivefb?tab=Wiki&auth=1.

In addition, in your scenario, please try to go to that Power BI group workspace, and connect to OneDrive file by clicking Get Data-> Files->OneDrive - <group name> to check if you can get file lists. 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft, the second process you described is exactly the one I went through. It does not pull up my group's OneDrive files and instead throws the error. This works with one of my other groups which  I have the same permissions for which is why I'm so confused.

Wondering if this was ever resolved.  I'm not having the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors