Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

skipper
Frequent Visitor

Twitter user_timeline using postman power BI

Problem 1:

I am using Postman to get User_Timeline from Twitter. I am using OAuth 1 as specified by youtube. I am able to fetch the data I need but 24 hrs later I am forced to update the power query with a new OAuth signature from Postman. I did not find any article where I can prevent doing these changes daily and keep it static. Need help here, want to find is there any way I can get Twitter user_Timeline data? If postman, then how do I prevent updating the OAuth every day?

Problem 2: 

I am able to fetch only 200 records, how do I fetch multiple records from Twitter to PBI using postman? (User_timeline only)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skipper ,

Problem 1:

As far as I know from the official Twitter Developer document, it seems to be inevitable.

twitter.png

"Note: the 24-hour request limit is based on a rolling clock, beginning at the time of the first request and monitored for the next 24 hours."

Problem 2:

"This method can only return up to 3,200 of a user's most recent Tweets."

You can try to add offset parameter in postman about API pagination.

Please refer this simliar issue: How to send more than 100 records using API? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skipper ,

Problem 1:

As far as I know from the official Twitter Developer document, it seems to be inevitable.

twitter.png

"Note: the 24-hour request limit is based on a rolling clock, beginning at the time of the first request and monitored for the next 24 hours."

Problem 2:

"This method can only return up to 3,200 of a user's most recent Tweets."

You can try to add offset parameter in postman about API pagination.

Please refer this simliar issue: How to send more than 100 records using API? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors