cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pranim Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Trying to connect to MY SQL from Power BI

I am trying to connect to My sql  from Power BI desktop and i am getting the pop window to download My sql tool. should i download them on my computer? I have the images of the pop ups saved but i am not able to attach them here, any easy way to do it?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Trying to connect to MY SQL from Power BI

@pranim,

Before you can connect to a MySQL database, you need to install MySQL Connector/Net 6.6.5 for Microsoft Windows on your computer. Select the driver that matches your Power BI Desktop installation (32-bit or 64-bit).

After installing the MySQL connector, refer to this blog to connect to MySQL in Power BI Desktop.

If the connection still fails in Power BI Desktop, please check that if you are able to connect to the MySQL database in MySQL workbench, ensure that MySQL workbench is installed in the same machine as Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@pranim,

Before you can connect to a MySQL database, you need to install MySQL Connector/Net 6.6.5 for Microsoft Windows on your computer. Select the driver that matches your Power BI Desktop installation (32-bit or 64-bit).

After installing the MySQL connector, refer to this blog to connect to MySQL in Power BI Desktop.

If the connection still fails in Power BI Desktop, please check that if you are able to connect to the MySQL database in MySQL workbench, ensure that MySQL workbench is installed in the same machine as Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
sheidmirj Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@v-yuezhe-msft I Cannot find any MY SQL conector/net for x64 version of power BI. I would be very pleased if you could help me find it

mmorley Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

Power BI Helps Homeless and Trouble Youth

We spoke with Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, about his charity work

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 1,861 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: