Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mpalha04
Helper III
Helper III

Trying to connect to Facebook ad data

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get data from Facebook Ads Manager loaded into PBI Desktop. I've tried using the built-in Facebook connector, but it's limited to Likes, Comments, Posts, etc. I need data about specfic Facebook Ad campaigns. Also, if there is a solution, can it be set to auto-refresh?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Adel
Helper III
Helper III

Hey, yes you could connect facebook ads to power bi using windsor.ai which will allow you to view data in real time.
Here the how to.
https://windsor.ai/how-to-connect-facebook-ads-to-power-bi/

Djordje_M
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi, 

For pulling my data from Facebook Ads and visualize then in Power BI, I use the connector from Windsor.ai. There are templates, but also, you can customize it and put any fields (metrics and conversions data) you need from the list of the Facebook Ads data like:

Dimensions

• Campaigns
    • Ad set

Breakdowns

• Country
    • Objective
    • Device
    • Publisher (Facebook, Instagram, Audience Network, …)

Metrics

• Cost
    • CPM
    • Impressions
    • Clicks (all)
    • CTR
    • CPC
    • Website Conversions
    • Website Purchases
    • Website Purchase Revenue
    • Cost per Website Conversion
    • Actions (overall)
    • Cost per Website Purchase
    • Cost

I mostly use Desktop, but there is also an App source app.

michaelbilling
Helper II
Helper II

Hi  @mpalha04 and others,

Take a look at my open sourced Power BI connectors

You can choose from 

- Facebook Ads insights connector

- Instagram Page insights connector

- LinkedIn Insights connector

- Facebook Page Insight connector

- Stripe connector (it's working, compared to the one built-in)

If you are not the do-it-yourself type - you can download fully functionable Power BI connectors on my company page.

They are 100% free to use.

If you want to return the favor, either add features to the existing Power BI connectors or add a new connector to the repository.

You can also check out my premium products - Especially the Google Analytics Free hit-level data connector.

Cheers,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @michaelbilling -

Thanks so much for this. I'm using your FB Ads Insights connector, and I'm trying to find a way to make it 'trusted' data connector so I don't have to keep changing the security settings when I open the dashboard. Per my research, it looks like this can be done with a thumbprint ID associated with the connector. (See here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-trusted-third-party-connectors) If one exists, would you be able to send it to me? If not, I'm going to try and create one.

Thanks so much!

Mickey

Hi Michael

I used you Facebook Ads connector and it works perfectly. Thanks a lot. 

Is there a way that I can pull data by age and gender? The connector doesn't seem to be giving me this

aistebuivyte
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm also wondering how to connect facebook ads with Power BI. Does anyone have a solution?

mpalha04
Helper III
Helper III

Does anyone have a solution to connect Facebook Ad data to PBI?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors