Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Trouble with Product Entity in my DataFlow

We want to get products from our quoting software SQL Database into FS365.

I chose to go with a DataFlow but have run across a snag.

To test further I backed all the way up to only map the most minimal required columns:

Product Name

Product ID

Default Unit

Unit Group

Decimals Support

As per the wisdom from the previous posts I went to the Unit table and created a Key for the Name field, as well as the Unit Group table.

I made sure the names of each matched an existing Unit and Unit Group in FS365.

However, 0 of my 788 records "imported"...of course no errors to troubleshoot anything.

1.  How do you troubleshoot something like this?

2.  What am I missing?

I did make sure the dataflow would work by creating a copy and instead of loading it into an existing table I chose to load it to a new table and all the data successfully went to that table.

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

I am not sure if I understood your question correctly. Are you using Power Query to connect to the SQL database and can't import data from the source?
Or have you successfully created a dataflow, but are not importing any data when connecting to this dataflow using Power BI Desktop?

Best Regards,
Winniz

Trying to import products into D365.  However they are not being imported into existing Product table.  I can import them into a new table but that was just for testing.

I am using a DataFlow so yes it's using Power Query and no it's not using Power BI.

This issue is the lookup with the Product Unit Group and Default Unit.  I know from other posts I needed to first make a Key on those tables and did so, but still the records are not importing and of course there's no output/error messages to read in order to troubleshoot why not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors