cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Trigger Macro after all the Power Queries have updated

I have a power pivot model that has 10 queries, I have it set to refresh all when the workbook is opened. I have an Model Change event to save the workbook. Then a save event that triggers a macro to make a copy of the workbook with a timestamp.

I am trying to trigger a the event after ALL the power queries have updated in a single workbook. I have 10 queries and I am using the Model Change event, but as soon as the first query updates, it appears the macro is running. I tried using a VBscript through task scheduler, but it is triggering while the Model is still updating (it takes about 10min for the model to Refresh ALL).

I have worked on this for 3 days and I keep running into various issues. Is there a way to delay the Model Change event by 15min or something? Any suggestions are welcomed?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Trigger Macro after all the Power Queries have updated

Hi @10500438 

Perhaps this would be of help?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Power-Query/Delay-web-query-until-condition-met-from-another-web-qu...

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Trigger Macro after all the Power Queries have updated

I think I am trying to delay the vba from running until all the queries have updated. 

I know I can use Application.Wait, but I was hoping there was a way to determine the updating sequence of the queries and then use the last query updated to kick off the vba.

Any thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors