Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cdavis24
Regular Visitor

Token Comma Expected Error

Hi!  I'm trying to see the records in common between the table ending in '2v' and the one ending in '2v_prior' from the query below.  When I copy/paste working code directly from SQL Server Management Studio to a blank Power BI query screen, Power BI transforms it, and I get the following, which results in a Token Comma Error:

= select * from ro.eria_Details_2v a#(cr)#(lf)where exists (select period, risk_inventory_id from ro.ERIA_Details_2v_Prior b#(cr)#(lf)where a.risk_inventory_id = b.risk_inventory_id)#(cr)#(lf)and a.period = "Q4 2022"

What, within the query, would give me that error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NewTable=CALCULATETABLE(ro.eria_Details_2v_prior,NOT(CONTAINSROW(SUMMARIZE(ro.ERIA_Details_2v,ro.ERIA_Details_2v[period],ro.ERIA_Details_2v[risk_inventory_id]),ro.eria_Details_2v_prior[period],ro.eria_Details_2v_prior[risk_inventory_id])))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

=let a=List.Buffer(List.Distinct(ro.ERIA_Details_2v_Prior[risk_inventory_id])) in Table.SelectRows(ro.eria_Details_2v,each [period]="Q4 2022" and List.Contains(a,[risk_inventory_id]))

So, I'm basically trying to understand how I can write a DAX query which is synonymous with my SQL Server query.  I have 2 tables, and I'm trying to understand how I can count the records which existed on the prior table (the table named ro.ERIA_Details_2v_Prior) but don't exist on the current table (the one named ro.ERIA_Details_2v).  The query below works perfectly in SQL Server, as I'm able to see which records are missing and understand the counts.  I need to replicate it in DAX, but I'm having trouble:

select * from ro.eria_Details_2v_prior a

where not exists (select period, risk_inventory_id, from ro.ERIA_Details_2v b

where a.risk_inventory_id = b.risk_inventory_id and b.period = 'Q4 2022')

NewTable=CALCULATETABLE(ro.eria_Details_2v_prior,NOT(CONTAINSROW(SUMMARIZE(ro.ERIA_Details_2v,ro.ERIA_Details_2v[period],ro.ERIA_Details_2v[risk_inventory_id]),ro.eria_Details_2v_prior[period],ro.eria_Details_2v_prior[risk_inventory_id])))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors