Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yasemsem
Frequent Visitor

Tips and Tricks on how to plan for a project

Hello,

This is a general comment and if anyone have some insights that they can share.

I always have a problem when I work on a project because it take too long(months but sporadically). I am usually confused on what data needs to be presented and I work on it as I go, my manager doesn't have specific requirements but more generic (Ex: Lets see some financial data). I love working on PowerBi and would like to grow my career using its skills.

I usually work on what I consider a complicated project due to the size and variety of data ( at least 10 tables with thousands of rows each).

If the experts here have some tips and tricks on how they plan and start their project. What are the general steps to succesfully deliver a project in time even when faced with continuous challenges.

Summary of issues:

* Taking too long to finish a project. Data Integrations are always challenging and take me a lot of time to fix them

* Report Structure

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@yasemsem I included a chapter on Planning Power BI Projects in both Learn Power BI 2nd Edition and Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition. I can't post an entire chapter's worth of content here but Packt was running a sale on ebooks where they were just $5. Not sure if it is still going on. Also, I published some similar content as a blog artcile here: Power BI Project Planning: Discovery & Ingestion - Enterprise DNA, not sure if that is free content or not from Enterprise DNA.

Tough to give specific advice without know more about the circumstances.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors