Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Timeout issue on dataverse side

Hi, 

I am getting the below error while attempting to import a +-100k record  microsoft dataverse table, both using the SQL Server connector and the Microsoft Dataverse connector. I tested, e.g. a 500record table on microsoft dataverse will get imported. 

Microsoft SQL: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:02:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. 

How would I increase the timeout value? Probably needs to be done on platform side.. I already increased the CommandTimeout and ConnectionTimeout to 10 minutes in the Sql.Database function, but the timeout is still capped at 2 minutes. 

With kind regards, 

LG 

6 REPLIES 6
mhammo
Helper I
Helper I

I have barely over 5,000 opportunity records and getting this error using the Dataverse connector. 

This problem needs fixed ASAP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, rather than using the ODATA - you can still use "Common Data Service (Legacy)" and that does not time out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@V-pazhen-msft  Thanks for your reply. 

I had already increased this setting to 10 minutes. 

I sitll get the 00:02:00 timeout error while "waiting on orgXX.crm4.dynamics.com/database" : 

lgpower_0-1612172018026.png

Hi lgpower

Did you manage to find a resolution to this? Experiencing the same issue but trying to establish if the timeout can be increased from the Dataverse Setup (Power Platform Admin Centre).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the same without success. Please let me know if you find the magical setting :). 

I ended up using the dataverse odata endpoint . I guess it is less performant but I am able to retrieve +100k records. 

Good luck! 

LG 

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

For SQL database, we can also change the command timeout in Advanced options.

V-pazhen-msft_0-1612158843751.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors