Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

calebsg
Frequent Visitor

Timeout When Registering Gateway error

I'm trying to install Power BI Personal Gateway on a second (cloud) server to deliver another data source. During the install (as an admin) I am getting this error, "Time out when registering Gateway". Just wondering what that means and what I can do about it. Also if there are any diagnostic steps...sounds like the gateway is trying to reach something and it can't.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
briwalkr
Employee
Employee

I have the same issue running on Windows 10, i7 dual core, 16 GB RAM (bare metal).   

@calebsg does your scenerio fit what is found here

- single core processor? You may find what you need in the troubleshooting support page. (If you haven't tried there already)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

And I just ran into this on an 8core xeon processor PC running windows 10.

Hello all

I have exact the same issue.

I have set up the proxy settings in the config file for the Configurator.

Firewall ports should be open as well.

I followed all informations available on the PowerBI site about the EGW.

The server has 12 cores (2x6 cores) with 18 GB RAM.

I have this issue on two separate servers.

It is possible to increase the timeout period from 1 minute to more (for example 3 mins)?

It should be possible to do this in the Microsoft.PowerBI.EnterpriseGateway.exe.config or in the enterprisegatewayconfigurator.exe.config file.

I would preffer to do it in the service config file.

The Gateway are registered in the PowerBI service site but appears as offline.

Regards

Salvatore

That's interesting...I did find out our virtual server is a single processor deployment so I'm looking into that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors