Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rlu
Frequent Visitor

TimeSpan overflowed because the duration is too long.

Hi - I had my R script working to transform data imported from SQL Server but wanted to delete parts of the script that created extraneous dataframes. The script loaded fine, but when I tried to select the resulting dataframe to continue with in the next Applied Step, I got the following error. 

Unexpected error: TimeSpan overflowed because the duration is too long.
Details:
Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: TimeSpan overflowed because the duration is too long. ---> System.OverflowException: TimeSpan overflowed because the duration is too long. ---> System.OverflowException: TimeSpan overflowed because the duration is too long.
at System.TimeSpan.Interval(Double value, Int32 scale)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.RData.RToValue.FromDiffTime(Double value, String units)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.RData.RToValue.<>c__DisplayClass4_1.<Convert>b__3(Nullable`1 d)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Table.TableModule.Table.FromColumnsFunctionValue.FromColumnsTableValue.TableFromColumnsEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Runtime.SkipTakeEnumerator`1.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SimpleDocumentEvaluator.ValuePreviewValueSource.TableValuePreviewValueSource.SerializeRows(Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SimpleDocumentEvaluator.ValuePreviewValueSource.TableValuePreviewValueSource.get_SmallValue()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.TracingPreviewValueSource.get_SmallValue()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<RunStub>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.ReportExceptions(IHostTrace trace, IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, Action action)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<TryReportException>b__1()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Common.SafeExceptions.IgnoreSafeExceptions(IEngineHost host, IHostTrace trace, Action action)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.TryReportException(IHostTrace trace, IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.ReportExceptions(IHostTrace trace, IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, Action action)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.RunStub(IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, Func`1 getPreviewValueSource)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.Service.<>c__DisplayClass12_1`1.<OnBeginGetResult>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.Service.OnBeginGetResult[T](IMessageChannel channel, BeginGetResultMessage message, Action`1 action)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemoteDocumentEvaluator.Service.OnBeginGetPreviewValueSource(IMessageChannel channel, BeginGetPreviewValueSourceMessage message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.OnMessageWithUnknownChannel(IMessageChannel baseChannel, MessageWithUnknownChannel messageWithUnknownChannel)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.Run(Object args)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<CreateAction>b__0(Object o)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.SafeRun(String[] args)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Container.EvaluationContainerMain.Main(String[] args)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.OnException(IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, ExceptionMessage message)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessageChannelExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessageChannel channel)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.WaitFor(Func`1 condition, Boolean disposing)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.get_SmallValue()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.TracingPreviewValueSource.get_SmallValue()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.Analysis.PackageDocumentAnalysisInfo.PackagePartitionAnalysisInfo.SetPreviewValue(EvaluationResult2`1 result, Func`1 getStaleSince, Func`1 getSampled)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Maggie,

I was selecting the resulting dataframe by clicking on 'Table' in the Power Query Editor.

I fiddled my way around to a solution. I tried a lot of small tweaks, including coercing one of the difftime variables to a numeric in my R script.

It works for now -- thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rlu 

How do you apply this step:

"select the resulting dataframe"

Could you give a sample of your R code to complete your requirement?

What is your final output?

Best Regards
Maggie

Hi Maggie,

I was selecting the resulting dataframe by clicking on 'Table' in the Power Query Editor.

I fiddled my way around to a solution. I tried a lot of small tweaks, including coercing one of the difftime variables to a numeric in my R script.

It works for now -- thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors