Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

byeo
Regular Visitor

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset. The command has been canceled.

We have a dashboard that was working fine with scheduled data refreshes for few weeks but it now started failing when refreshing from PowerBI service. There is no issue refreshing from PowerBI desktop and the error is only when trying to refresh from PowerBI service. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a simple test. Download the project out of the service, rename it and upload it again.  This will give you a newly published clone of your report.  Set up any gateways for this clone and attempt a refresh.

I had a report recently that had a similar issue and it seemed to be a corruption in the version on the Service.  Publishing over the top did not resolve the problem and I had to resort to removing it and republishing it.

@Anonymous - Thanks for the suggestion. I tried but it is still throwing the same errorSmiley Sad

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens if you refresh using the Power BI Desktop?  Do you get more information on the error?  With Excel, sometimes changes made to the file can be just enough to break your import logic.

When refresh from PowerBI Desktop, there is no error at all! I am able to see new data coming in from Excel and I am also able to publish to web successfully. Do you know where I can check out "log file"  in PowerBI Desktop? Maybe I can get some hint from there...

I more or less have the same issue with PowerBI service. 

PowerBI desktop and Excel can download the data with credentials, but PowerBI service times out because it can't refresh the credentials.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would probably suggest raising a ticket for this problem specifically.  I have encountered strange things from time to time and its possible the problem is quick technical on the Power BI Service side.  Generally when I have encountered these, raising this through the "issues" section has helped resolve the problem.  Sometimes the problems are on Microsofts side of the fence, and its worth getting them to look at it directly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors