Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PiyushH1
Helper I
Helper I

The module named 'Html' has been disabled in this context

Hi Team ,

How are you ?

My data has not beed refresed in power service. getting error "The module named 'Html' has been disabled in this context".

can you please help me on this query ?

Kind Regards,

Piyush Hirpara

7 REPLIES 7
pabeader
Post Patron
Post Patron

Open Power BI Desktop.  Use that to make the initial connection to the WEB data you are trying to refresh.

Once you have a usable table of the data you are trying to use, copy that query.

Open Power BI Report Server version and paste the query into the RS version.

Go into Advanced Editor and make these changes.

Change  Web.BrowserContents  to  Web.Contents

If you are replacing an existing web connection, adjust the following step to be #"Extracted Table From Html" instead of what is currently says.

You will now have a refreshable version of the WEB connection.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Perhaps this can help you:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/web/web-troubleshoot

"Web.BrowserContents is replacing Web.Page, because Web.Page is based on Internet Explorer."

And Internet Explorer has been deactivated on all Windows Servers on last updated.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

am having exactly same error and didnt figure it out how to solve this

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PiyushH1 ,

Is there any other detailed error information? You could try to check it in refresh history or other place. In addition, you also could try to check your gateway to see whether it work successfully, or you could try this in local desktop to see whether it work or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi ,

Please see below more in detail. I do not use gateway because i am geeting my excel files from online one drive. Also , when i ref my data on dektop application that it's get refresh but when it's publised in power service that time i can not refresh.

Thank you.

Capture.JPG

I'm seeing the same thing on one of my Dataflows that simply pulls some data from a few web pages.  This started occurring over the weekend.  

Just to provide more details on my earlier post.  I have a Dataflow that pulls data from some webpages that don't require authentication.  This is configured in our Dataflow without using a data gateway, and the Dataflow contains other web sources that don't require the use of the on-prem gateway.  This had been working without any issue until yesterday.  All three of my web page queries are receiving the same error stating "The module named 'HTML' has been disabled in this context."  

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors