Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rojedab

The browser based authentication dialog failed to complete. Reason: The download has failed

I have just installed the "Power BI On premises data gateway" but I can't login. I'm having the following issue:

Failed to sign in. Please verify your credentials and try again. The browser based authentication dialog failed to complete. Reason: The download has failed (the connection was interrupted). at Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory.AuthenticationContext.RunAsyncTask[T](Task 1 task) at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.GatewayCommon.AuthenticationManager.AuthenticateWithSelectedUser(Uri authorityAddress, Uri resource, String clientId, Uri redirectAddress, String logOnHint)

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

It solved my problem.thank you

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

great

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rojedab 

First, check the tips "Troubleshooting the On-premises data gateway"

"You may encounter installation failures if the anti-virus software on the installation machine is out of date. You can either update the anti-virus installation, or disable anti-virus only for the duration of the gateway installation to complete, then re-enable anti-virus."

If it doesn't solve after checking and testing with the help of these tips,

You could follow this guide to check network on your side, then delete on-premises gateway from the folder and follow the official document to download and install the gateway.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rojedab

I have just installed the "Power BI On premises data gateway" but I can't login. I'm having the following issue:

Failed to sign in. Please verify your credentials and try again. The browser based authentication dialog failed to complete. Reason: The download has failed (the connection was interrupted). at Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory.AuthenticationContext.RunAsyncTask[T](Task 1 task) at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.GatewayCommon.AuthenticationManager.AuthenticateWithSelectedUser(Uri authorityAddress, Uri resource, String clientId, Uri redirectAddress, String logOnHint)

Any ideas?

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, did this get resolved?

I don't know if it's already solved or not, but I managed to solve my problem by enabling the TLS options in Internet Options > Advanced. As the image below.

Pic 5.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors