cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FaizRahman Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explorer

I have a webquery and Analysis services which I am using to bring in the data. The refresh is working fine when configured using my personal gateway, but when I try to refresh it using the enterprise gateway, I get the below error:

Underlying error message: The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explorer options. See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=506565 for details on how to enable Active Scripting.

DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: DataSource.Error

I have checked and Active Scripting is enabled on the machine where enterprise gateway is hosted. Can you please help me sort this out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explorer

We were able to solve the issue. The issues was Local Group Policy was blocking the service user(pbiegwservice) to use Active Scripting.

* From the Windows Server Start menu, open the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).
* Under Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Security Page > Internet Zone.
* Right-click Allow active scripting and click Edit.
* In the Allow active scripting dialog, click Enabled.
* In the Options area, select Enable from the list.

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: The Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explorer

@FaizRahman ,

What Power query code do you use to connect to the web data source in Power BI Desktop? Is there any possibility that you use Web.Contents() function instead of Web.Page() function to get data?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

I am using Web.Page() function to fetch data using NetSuite API into Power BI.

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@FaizRahman ,

Is there any possibility that you use Web.Contents() function instead of Web.Page() function to get data?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

My query is something like this:

Source = Web.Page(Web.Contents("URL HERE")),
Data0 = Source{0}[Data],

How do you suggest I should edit it ?

Frequent Visitor

We were able to solve the issue. The issues was Local Group Policy was blocking the service user(pbiegwservice) to use Active Scripting.

* From the Windows Server Start menu, open the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).
* Under Local Computer Policy, expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Security Page > Internet Zone.
* Right-click Allow active scripting and click Edit.
* In the Allow active scripting dialog, click Enabled.
* In the Options area, select Enable from the list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Summit Australia 2019

Summit Australia 2019

Travel to Melbourne and network with thousands of peers!

PBI Community Highlights

PBI Community Highlights

Check out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Top Ideas
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 342 members 3,393 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: