Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cpai1

Teradata: [Teradata Database] [3932] Only an ET or null statement is legal after a DDL Statement."

Hi I have two simple queries on is 

Create a temp table vt_nm;

and the other one is to select data from the temp table vt_nm

I saw the solution for the above issue in Teradata community but that did not work. 

I cannot run DDL and DML statement together?

Then how am I suppose to run the query?

Any help or suggestion is really appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@cpai1,

Do you write the SQL query in optional textbox during the process that you import data from Teradata to Power BI Desktop?

If so, "Create a temp table vt_nm" is a DDL statement, it is not possible to run DDL statement in Power BI,  please write "SELECT * FROM fixedTable" in desktop query box to import Teradata data.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@cpai1,

Do you write the SQL query in optional textbox during the process that you import data from Teradata to Power BI Desktop?

If so, "Create a temp table vt_nm" is a DDL statement, it is not possible to run DDL statement in Power BI,  please write "SELECT * FROM fixedTable" in desktop query box to import Teradata data.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors