Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CSun
Frequent Visitor

Tabular model process failed with DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError

I have an AzueAS pulls data from on-prem SQL. I have 2 models already existing and migrated the gateway to new server. 

I created a new model and deployed. The deployment succeeded, but processign fails with below error:

An error occurred during On-Premise Gateway related activity. Additional error details: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError
Received error payload from gateway service with ID 1296616: OLE DB connection failed to be established.
OLE DB connection failed to be established
Login failed for user '<domain>\<new gatewayserver name>$'.

What does this error mean and how to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@CSun,

Double click the data source in the Analysis Services project, click “Impersonation Information” tab, if you selected “Use the service account”, please make sure that the service account has access rights to the relational data source.

Or you can select “Use a specific Windows user name and password”, enter your account that has access permission on the relational data source, then re-process the project.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@CSun,

Double click the data source in the Analysis Services project, click “Impersonation Information” tab, if you selected “Use the service account”, please make sure that the service account has access rights to the relational data source.

Or you can select “Use a specific Windows user name and password”, enter your account that has access permission on the relational data source, then re-process the project.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am still getting attached error while my database works fine.

GatewayError.JPG

Any suggestion what I am missing here ?

@v-yuezhe-msft  thank you for that post.  I was having a similar error when I was trying to connect an on-prem Excel-based data set into Analysis Services.  When deploying the model up to Azure AS from SSDT I was getting errors until I picked the correct authentication method.  

For those facing a similar situation, when impersonating the account use this as a guide to help

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/analysis-services/tabular-models/impersonation-ssas-tabular?view=as...

Thanks!

Eric

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors