Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tables generated in PowerBi not loading in Power Query

Hello,

I have a problem with tables created directly in Power Bi, they don't load in Power Query. I had some preview features on, but I removed them all, restarted Power Bi. Also I refreshed all data multiple times.

I've added printscreens of the table list.

Also something strange, in Power Bi the table icon color is slighly different for those not loading in power query.

Thanks for you help !

Capture4.PNG

Capture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

there is no way to bring your tables, created in Power BI to power query. It works only the other way around. 

What is the requirement? Power Query has a lot mor efficient ways to create your tables. So its best to create them there and to load them afterwards to Power BI

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

there is no way to bring your tables, created in Power BI to power query. It works only the other way around. 

What is the requirement? Power Query has a lot mor efficient ways to create your tables. So its best to create them there and to load them afterwards to Power BI

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

I used directly PowerBi table in order to use de function autocalendar().

If I'm right i can't use that function in Power Query isn't it ?

And Power Query would have been useful around dates with the ribbon functions...

It's a shame it doesn't sync between the two 🙂

Hello @Anonymous 

it's not a shame 🙂 ... thats just great. Both languages have really great features. In Power Query is not present a exact same function but a similar one. You can start out to check out the function List.Dates

all the best

jimmy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors