Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OscarSuarez10
Helper III
Helper III

Table.FirstN Only select number values

Hello 

I´m trying to creat a table based in annother table using Table.FirstN conditional.

But I don´t know how to write a conditional that helps me to only select the data that are numbers in the colum, 

until the first text type data appears like this:

tabla.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

then:

#"Keep only data until the word TIME appears in the column" = Table.FirstN(#"Previous Step", each [yourColumnName] <> "TIME")

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

you can use the function Number.FromText and try/otherwise.

I've prepared some test data in Source and then the second step contains the solution you've asked for.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlSK1YlWMgKTxmAyEUwmgUkTMGkKJs2UYmMB", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Column1 = _t]),
    TakeFirstNumbers = Table.FirstN(
        Source, 
        each 
            try 
                if Number.FromText([Column1]) <> Number.NaN then true else false 
            otherwise false
    )
in
    TakeFirstNumbers

Thank You for answer my question,

The thing is that I have to erase all the rows since the word "TIME" appears in the column

That´s why I´m tryin to use this:

#"Keep only data until the word TIME appears in the column" = Table.FirstN(#"Column", 24)

But I don´t want to use number 24 as a condition because If I use a different file, the word "TIME" can appear in a differente Row and It´s going to create a wrong table

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

then:

#"Keep only data until the word TIME appears in the column" = Table.FirstN(#"Previous Step", each [yourColumnName] <> "TIME")

Thank You that solved all my problems!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors