Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OscarSuarez10
Helper III
Helper III

Substract the value of the first date and last date of each year

Hi @Nolock 

I have to take the first and last value of FPR of each year in the table and substract those values

For example for year 2019: 20707.28 (26/12/2019 last date of 2019)-2982.06 (31/03/2019 first date of 2019), and then for the next years that can be infinite ( 2020, 2021 2022, 2023 etc ....)

restar valores misma columna.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

I've developed a short PowerQuery query which extracts the first and last value for every year and then substracts them.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("NcvBCQAxCATAXnyHZTWa5GoJ6b+NE8HvwNwrSiiM+skQlTdSAtZiJUZ4yyyZxGrxkkA2GhOiwLEbVsHBadjy3g8=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [TIME = _t, FPR = _t]),
    ChangedType = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"TIME", type date}, {"FPR", Int64.Type}}),
    SortedTable = Table.Sort(ChangedType, {"TIME"}),
    MinYear = Date.Year(Table.First(SortedTable)[TIME]),
    MaxYear = Date.Year(Table.Last(SortedTable)[TIME]),
    ListOfYears = {MinYear..MaxYear},
    TableFromList = Table.FromColumns({ListOfYears}),
    ChangedTypeToType = Table.TransformColumnTypes(TableFromList,{{"Column1", Int64.Type}}),
    RenameColumn = Table.RenameColumns(ChangedTypeToType, {{"Column1", "Year"}}),
    MinOfYear = Table.AddColumn(RenameColumn, "MinOfYear", 
        (curRecord) => 
            List.First(
                Table.SelectRows(
                    SortedTable, 
                    each Date.Year([TIME]) = curRecord[Year]
                )[FPR]
            ),
        type number
    ),
    MaxOfYear = Table.AddColumn(MinOfYear, "MaxfYear", 
        (curRecord) => 
            List.Last(
                Table.SelectRows(
                    SortedTable, 
                )[FPR]
            ),
        type number
    ),
    Substract = Table.AddColumn(MaxOfYear, "Last of year - first of year", each [MaxfYear] - [MinOfYear], type number)
in
    Substract

Another possible solution would be to use Group By Year and then extract the first and last value of every group.

View solution in original post

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

the (curRecord) => functionBody is an anonymous function which I've used instead of each. Check the following slide, it should explain it.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

I've developed a short PowerQuery query which extracts the first and last value for every year and then substracts them.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("NcvBCQAxCATAXnyHZTWa5GoJ6b+NE8HvwNwrSiiM+skQlTdSAtZiJUZ4yyyZxGrxkkA2GhOiwLEbVsHBadjy3g8=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [TIME = _t, FPR = _t]),
    ChangedType = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"TIME", type date}, {"FPR", Int64.Type}}),
    SortedTable = Table.Sort(ChangedType, {"TIME"}),
    MinYear = Date.Year(Table.First(SortedTable)[TIME]),
    MaxYear = Date.Year(Table.Last(SortedTable)[TIME]),
    ListOfYears = {MinYear..MaxYear},
    TableFromList = Table.FromColumns({ListOfYears}),
    ChangedTypeToType = Table.TransformColumnTypes(TableFromList,{{"Column1", Int64.Type}}),
    RenameColumn = Table.RenameColumns(ChangedTypeToType, {{"Column1", "Year"}}),
    MinOfYear = Table.AddColumn(RenameColumn, "MinOfYear", 
        (curRecord) => 
            List.First(
                Table.SelectRows(
                    SortedTable, 
                )[FPR]
            ),
        type number
    ),
    MaxOfYear = Table.AddColumn(MinOfYear, "MaxfYear", 
        (curRecord) => 
            List.Last(
                Table.SelectRows(
                    SortedTable, 
                )[FPR]
            ),
        type number
    ),
    Substract = Table.AddColumn(MaxOfYear, "Last of year - first of year", each [MaxfYear] - [MinOfYear], type number)
in
    Substract

Another possible solution would be to use Group By Year and then extract the first and last value of every group.

That helped me a lot, but I have to choose the max  FPR month value and min month FPR value of each year and then substract them...

Okey, Thank You !!

Sorry, I don´t understand, What is "curRecord"?

Hi @OscarSuarez10,

the (curRecord) => functionBody is an anonymous function which I've used instead of each. Check the following slide, it should explain it.

Capture.PNG

It seaches for the minimum and maximum TIME value of a year and then takes the corresponding FPR value. It is the behaviour from your example. Is it wrong?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors