Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tontaube2
Helper IV
Helper IV

Structure Excel and Model

Hi,

"Power Query" might be the ideal subforum for this question.

I do have a Data source from Excel with 2 tabs for some example companies. One tab Answers, another tab with CompanyInfo

In PowerBI I structured it like this:

1: Company Info. To connect the other tables via singular Name & ID. At the moment only 5 example-companies exist, but 20 companies will follow later...

Tontaube2_0-1632387861582.jpeg

-> my factTable

2: Company Filters. (Nearly) all Filter-values for the companies. Some Toggle-Filters (F1,F2), some single-options (F3,F4), some multi-options (F5, F6)

Tontaube2_1-1632387862207.jpeg

-> a dimTable to slice by

3: Answers (Values) AND two Filters which "belong" to these values: Segment, SubSegment

Tontaube2_2-1632387861757.jpeg

-> in between fact and dimTable. Because the values are "connected" to a Segment/ SubSegment I cannot (or at least: should not) distribute them to other tables

Model: To show values from FactsAndFilters filtered by Slicers from CompanyFiltersSingle changes I have to make the connection between my 3 tables bidirectional. But no conflict/circumnavigation takes place.

Tontaube2_3-1632387861600.jpeg

But: performance sucks. Is this due to this (bi-directional), or due to the number of slicers?

Tontaube2_4-1632387861755.jpeg

Could someone please show me a "better way" to structure A) the Excel and B) the Model?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4stlfmky53m8z9x/Example8.pbix?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3t4vhputoqcl2e7b4o8pz/Example8.xlsx?dl=0&rlkey=hiynv57oht647y0wnc4bys...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ehren
Employee
Employee

This seems like a DAX/modeling question rather than a PQ one.

Is the slowness in loading to the model, or interacting with the report? If it's the latter, consider moving the question to the area for DAX/modeling questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ehren
Employee
Employee

This seems like a DAX/modeling question rather than a PQ one.

Is the slowness in loading to the model, or interacting with the report? If it's the latter, consider moving the question to the area for DAX/modeling questions.

It`s in interacting with the report. Thank you! I'll post it there! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors