Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tontaube2
Helper IV
Helper IV

Structure Excel and Model

Hi,

"Power Query" might be the ideal subforum for this question.

I do have a Data source from Excel with 2 tabs for some example companies. One tab Answers, another tab with CompanyInfo

In PowerBI I structured it like this:

1: Company Info. To connect the other tables via singular Name & ID. At the moment only 5 example-companies exist, but 20 companies will follow later...

Tontaube2_0-1632387861582.jpeg

-> my factTable

2: Company Filters. (Nearly) all Filter-values for the companies. Some Toggle-Filters (F1,F2), some single-options (F3,F4), some multi-options (F5, F6)

Tontaube2_1-1632387862207.jpeg

-> a dimTable to slice by

3: Answers (Values) AND two Filters which "belong" to these values: Segment, SubSegment

Tontaube2_2-1632387861757.jpeg

-> in between fact and dimTable. Because the values are "connected" to a Segment/ SubSegment I cannot (or at least: should not) distribute them to other tables

Model: To show values from FactsAndFilters filtered by Slicers from CompanyFiltersSingle changes I have to make the connection between my 3 tables bidirectional. But no conflict/circumnavigation takes place.

Tontaube2_3-1632387861600.jpeg

But: performance sucks. Is this due to this (bi-directional), or due to the number of slicers?

Tontaube2_4-1632387861755.jpeg

Could someone please show me a "better way" to structure A) the Excel and B) the Model?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4stlfmky53m8z9x/Example8.pbix?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3t4vhputoqcl2e7b4o8pz/Example8.xlsx?dl=0&rlkey=hiynv57oht647y0wnc4bys...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ehren
Employee
Employee

This seems like a DAX/modeling question rather than a PQ one.

Is the slowness in loading to the model, or interacting with the report? If it's the latter, consider moving the question to the area for DAX/modeling questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ehren
Employee
Employee

This seems like a DAX/modeling question rather than a PQ one.

Is the slowness in loading to the model, or interacting with the report? If it's the latter, consider moving the question to the area for DAX/modeling questions.

It`s in interacting with the report. Thank you! I'll post it there! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors