Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JGARROD
Helper I
Helper I

Stored procedures and parameters

Hi all, 

I am wondering if the following would be possible.

I currently have a stored procedure that requires upto 3 selections (not always required).

I want the stored procedure to run when i open the Pbi file, promprt me for an inital selection to which when selected (mandatory) send this to the stored procedure, then once returned asks if i wuld like to add additional (Filter) parameters. Currently I have 3 levels of detail in the stored procedure, first level will return a list of opions, next will ask for a summary level of detail and then finally i can request detailed selection. Ontop of this there are 3 filter parameters which i can then call apon with either no selection , 1 or multiple seletions required. 

Currently i have the below working, however I am required to make all my selecions in one go, there is no way to not make a selection in one of the paramter boxes and also i canot select mutiple options. 

JGARROD_0-1659440654354.png

Here is asome SQL to understand what i am tryng to do, you would first get returned @returndata = 0 where you would recieve a list of options, you could then select fro a list groups, funds ad entity (you ay ish t make no selection in certain boxes or multiple selection in other) and you would be prompted to enter your selections in after the inital list of options, finally you could also decide you want a detaled leel n which case you could return 2 in the @retundata input. 

JGARROD_1-1659440818859.png

Any help would be much aprecated. 

Thank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JGARROD ,

Based on my understanding, when modifying parameters in Power BI, all parameters will appear at the same time, and it is not possible to automatically pop up the input box for the second parameter after entering the first one.

Maybe you can try dynamic M parameters, and use slicers to filter the query passed to the data source.

Dynamic M query parameters in Power BI Desktop 

Best Regards,
Winniz

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JGARROD ,

Based on my understanding, when modifying parameters in Power BI, all parameters will appear at the same time, and it is not possible to automatically pop up the input box for the second parameter after entering the first one.

Maybe you can try dynamic M parameters, and use slicers to filter the query passed to the data source.

Dynamic M query parameters in Power BI Desktop 

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors