Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Splitting a table at an unfixed row

Hello,

I am trying to make dashboards using datas which use a quite particular format.

Some of the tables I have contain two or three sub-tables, with the top row of the next ones being at the end. Those tables are technically updated in real time, but I get them each hour. The tables are empty at first but can fill over time.

For example :

image.png

There, I have a first table with my clients. I can get rid of the final line (or top row of the second table) using "Remove rows" on the last one, starting from the end, but...

Horus33_1-1673610037489.png

If the second table get updated, it won't be accurate anymore.

And as the number of rows at the end can vary, I have no idea on how to split correctly this table. I have the same problem for the first table, whose length can also vary (if we had new clients for exemple).

So, if you have any idea on how to solve this, could you please help me ?

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
serpiva64
Super User
Super User

Hi,

you can take a look at the attached file

first duplicate twice your query

Now use one query to find the position of Client in the list, by duplicating the query, drill down on the column and then utilizing List.PositionOf

serpiva64_0-1673613059487.png

Then you can use one query to keep top rows 

use the UI to write the step for deliting 1 row then substitute in the formula bar 1 with Position (the result of the first query)

serpiva64_1-1673613381243.png

use position -1 

serpiva64_2-1673613424143.png

then do the same to remove top rows

If this post isuseful to help you to solve your issue consider giving the post a thumbs up and accepting it as a solution

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
serpiva64
Super User
Super User

Hi,

you can take a look at the attached file

first duplicate twice your query

Now use one query to find the position of Client in the list, by duplicating the query, drill down on the column and then utilizing List.PositionOf

serpiva64_0-1673613059487.png

Then you can use one query to keep top rows 

use the UI to write the step for deliting 1 row then substitute in the formula bar 1 with Position (the result of the first query)

serpiva64_1-1673613381243.png

use position -1 

serpiva64_2-1673613424143.png

then do the same to remove top rows

If this post isuseful to help you to solve your issue consider giving the post a thumbs up and accepting it as a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors