Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Sound or Notification when Excel/Power Query refresh is complete

In Excel I have multiple pivot tables tied to about 40 Power Queries which takes about 10-15 minutes to refresh on a fast desktop PC (AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 core at 3.7GHz w 32 GB RAM, DDR4 on Win11-64 Pro.).  I'd like to get a notification (ring/text/email) when the refresh is complete.  Perhaps there's a Power Query function out there that can pass data to a VBA object when the refresh process is complete, but I haven't found it.  Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
JamesRobson
Resolver II
Resolver II

I use a Macro for almost all my reports however the downside is for it to work you have to turn off the background refresh for all queries and turn on the fast load option (thinking about it now you can probably just set it for the loaded query but I've never tried that!).  If you dont it'll just ping the MsgBox straight away 😞

Sub RefreshAll()
'
' RefreshAll Macro
ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll

MsgBox "Update Complete", vbInformation, "Update"

End Sub

If you find a better way I'd be interested as it is frustrating locking up excel whilst reports are updating!!

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors