Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nikostou
Regular Visitor

Sorting Data through Power Query Editor

Hi

I have a very big table that I have Imported from a SQL Database. I would like to filter the data on a specific column; "Company", so that I will only import rows that are from Company 1.

I have tried the filter function, but I see that my calculated table, which is using data from this big table, and that I have based my report on is still calculating across companies. I have also tried putting on a report filter in the Power BI report, but it still calculates across all companies.

I would like to filter the data already at the import since my amount of data is very large.

I hope you can help me!

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I tried refreshing all of my tables, that did not work.

Then I tried removing the filter and applying it again, that worked!

I have no idea why it worked, but I can live with that Smiley LOL

@ImkeF  Thank you for your time and your help!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Make sure to apply the filter in the query editor and not in DAX.

I've you've done that and still get errors, please paste M-code or screenshots of what you've done.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

I have made the filter in the Query Editor, but as you see in the table the calculated table still finds companies 1 to 5. I the Query Editor I filtered on only Company 1.

2019-07-23_1550.png

The DAX string you see in the picture is the string I wrote to make the table. After this I added multiple calculated columns to it.

I have also tried to redo the table, but that did not help either.

Thank you for your help!

How about the source-table "FM_Mutation". Does is have the the companies as well? Have you refreshed it?

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

I tried refreshing all of my tables, that did not work.

Then I tried removing the filter and applying it again, that worked!

I have no idea why it worked, but I can live with that Smiley LOL

@ImkeF  Thank you for your time and your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors