Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Eric7
Resolver I
Resolver I

Simplyfy multiple calls to Table.ReplaceValue

Hi, I wonder if it is possible to simplyfy multiple calls to Table.ReplaceValue by creating one function?

Here are 3 calls to Table.ReplaceValue:

#"Encode Id" = Table.ReplaceValue(Source, each [Tenant Id], each fnc_ATS_Encode_Id([Tenant Id], pTR),Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Tenant Id"}),
#"Encode Id2" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Encode Id", each [Department Id], each fnc_ATS_Encode_Id([Department Id], pTR),Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Department Id"}),
#"Encode Id3" = Table.ReplaceValue(#"Encode Id2", each [Parent Department Id], each fnc_ATS_Encode_Id([Parent Department Id], pTR),Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Parent Department Id"}

It would be nice to have a function like below taking only the table and a list of the 3 column names as parameters:
#"Encode Id" = fnc_ATS_EncodeCols(Source, {{"Tenant Id"}, {"Department Id"}, {"Parent Department Id"}})

which then calls Table.Replace for each of the columns specified in the paramter list.

My attempt to use

col = Table.Column("Tenant Id") to get the col inside fnc_ATS_EncodeCols() to use as [col] did not succeed...

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Smauro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Eric7 

You could just transform each column in one line, but I do find Table.ReplaceValue to work a bit faster.

Try this:

Table.ReplaceValue(
    Source, nullnull,
    (x, y, z) => fnc_ATS_Encode_Id(x, pTR),
    { "Tenant Id""Department Id""Parent Department Id" }
)

Feel free to connect with me:
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Smauro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Eric7 

You could just transform each column in one line, but I do find Table.ReplaceValue to work a bit faster.

Try this:

Table.ReplaceValue(
    Source, nullnull,
    (x, y, z) => fnc_ATS_Encode_Id(x, pTR),
    { "Tenant Id""Department Id""Parent Department Id" }
)

Feel free to connect with me:
LinkedIn

Thank you so much, my friend! Works perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors