Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rigensis
Helper I
Helper I

Sign in user mismatch for Google BigQuery as datasource

Hi,

I'm having an issue where, when selecting a google account with which to sign in to establish connection with Google BigQuery, the user that shows up when asking to give Power BI access to Google account, is not the same as previously selected.

How I arrive at this issue:

1) In 'Get Data' I choose Google BigQuery (GBQ)

2) I click on it, then the window asking to Sign In appears, Click on the 'Sign In' button

Rigensis_0-1611134054571.png

3) The following window opens up and I choose the green user.

Rigensis_1-1611132754470.png

4) After selecting the user, the next window opens up, asking to verify granting the access, but as you can see at the top a different user (same as the purple user from the previous screen) is being suggest through which the access should be granted.

Here I would expect to see the green user that I previously selected, not the purple user

Rigensis_2-1611133123081.png

As far as I can tell, I'm not signed in with the purple user in any of the following places:

Power BI Desktop

Power BI Service

Google Chrome

Google account

I've also removed access to power BI app from the purple account on the Google account side

Rigensis_3-1611133543445.png

Does anyone have any knowledge of how to solves this issue, or what is the correct order of operations for switching between google account for accessing GBQ ?

Regards,

Aivars

5 REPLIES 5
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rigensis ,

Based on my test, seems could not reproduce it in my side. When I connect to Google BigQuery with the first account, it is the same with the check page:

g1.pngg2.png

Perhaps you can try to clear permissions in power bi desktop and try to connect again.

setting.png

Or you can try to clear the Chrome broswer cache which stores all your google accounts.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yingjl thanks for your reply! 

I tried clearing the global permissions for GBQ connection, that did not change anything, all google accounts still showed the same.

Also tried clearing the cache, cleared cached images, cookies and other site data, unfortunately that also did not have an effect on what google account I see in Power BI.

The account that keeps showing instead of the one I'm selecting from the first window is the same with which I have logged on to my laptop, could that have any effect?

Hi @Rigensis ,

Not sure. If the purple account is the account which signing in to your laptop, maybe you can use another account to sign in the laptop to check it.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yingjl If I sign up to my laptop with another user, then I'm not experiencing this problem. With the other acount I haven't yet tried to log in to PBI with the account which I signed in with, but I feel that if I do, then again I will start experiencing the same problem.

I have another co-worker who is experiencing the same issue, where the account which is used to log onto laptop, is "overwriting" the account the user chooses for accessing GBQ.

Hi @Rigensis ,

If you do experience "overwriting" after the test, I would suggest you to create a support ticket here for further support if you have a Pro license.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors