Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jxmme13

Sharepoint online list deleted entries still showing up on Power BI report

Hi there,

I've recently created a power BI report with data coming from an online sharepoint list, however, when entries are deleted from the sharepoint list, they still show up on the power BI visuals even after i've refreshed the data set numerous times. How do I stop that as I no longer want the deleted items to appear in my Power BI report. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Jamie 

3 REPLIES 3
discogeo

I'm having the exact same issue.  Now I'm wondering if I should just delete the list and completely start over?
The powerbi visual is "stuck" on the bad old original sharepoint list.

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jxmme13 

Does my reply solve your problem? If yes, kindly accept it as the solution. If this issue still occurs, please provide more details about it so that we can work on it further. Thanks.

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jxmme13 

Where does this problem occur? In Power BI Desktop or Service?

Based on my test, the deleted items were removed from the report immediately after I refreshed the data in Power BI Desktop. In Power BI Service, after I refreshed the dataset and opened the report, the deleted items didn't display either. 

If this problem occurred in the Service, it is probably because that the report wasn't refreshed after the dataset refresh. It would take some time for the report to be refreshed in the backend after its dataset has been refreshed. Usually the time is short but when the service resource is busy, it would be longer. If the report isn't refreshed, make sure the dataset refresh is completed, then open the report and click the refresh icon in the top right corner to refresh the report manually.

060901.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors