cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vogels
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint not retrieving an Excel column where the first row under the header is null!

Hi PBI-Community,

I'm trying to do a Combine.Files method over a series of Excel files with the same data model out of a Sharepoint.Files retrieval.

It correctly works except the 14th column doesn't load into PowerQuery.

Vogels_1-1605622646441.png

However, when I put a 0 in the cell under 'sales price gross', then Power Query does retrieve the whole column!

The weird thing is, when I load the same Excel file into Power Query locally (so not from SharePoint), it retrieves the 'sales price gross' even when it's empty.

I found putting a 0 in there as a work around, however it only works for my sample file in the combine.files query, not for all the other files....

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Thanks already!

Kind regards,

Vogel

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

delete all the automatically added changed type steps.

Vogels
Frequent Visitor

I tried this, doesn't work. When I add a 'test' column next to the last one, the 'sales gross price' suddenly does get imported...

Vogels_1-1605786059880.png

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vogels ,

Please check if this post could help you: Error when SharePoint list is empty.

Not the same but may help you.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Kudoed Authors