Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

daanp
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint folder refresh

Hello all,

I'm connecting to a large sharepoint site via de sharepoint folder option in PBI desktop. i then filter out 10 excel files that i need for my query.

Those 10 files are combined not larger then 5 mb. 

However if i refresh the query via the refresh button, the size of the refresh grows to over 75mb.

How is this possible? why is the refresh size so large?

3 REPLIES 3
jbee
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

I'm having exactly the same issue. Refresh used to take under 5 seconds when nothing was in OneDrive for Business, but now that I have tens of thousands of files it takes about half an hour to refresh, even though my query filters to a folder and filetype. Anyone able to assist?

Cheers

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @daanp,

How do you calculate the refresh size? Do you refer to that the size of Power BI Desktop file(PBIX file) grows to over 75 MB?  If so, I test the scenario as yours, but I am not able to reproduce this issue. Please use the latest version of Power BI Desktop and post screenshots of your scenario for us to analyze this issue.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mbs.jpg

When i refresh the queries in PBI desktop, this screen pops up. The Sales query source is a couple of excel files on sharepoint. The combined size of those files is about 5 mb. 

Why does it say> 62,9MB on the refresh????

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors