cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albertovaghi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sharepoint Online w/t Excel and Data Gateway

Hi all,

I have this scenario I'm dealing with: Power BI Report made in Power BI desktop with data coming from:

• Oracle source (connection through Oracle Client)
  • Excel file published on Sharepoint Online

When I publish the report to PBI Service and I try to enable Scheduled Refresh, I get this error:

"You don't have any gateway installed or configured for the data sources in this dataset. Please install a new personal gateway or configure the data source for an existing data gateway."

This is actually not true as my Oracle connection is correctly configured in the Data Gateway. Could it be that it's an issue related with Data Gateway and OAuth? I have this requirement from the business to have some info in an Excel file but I'm struggling to get it automatically updated by the data gateway.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

Alberto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: Sharepoint Online w/t Excel and Data Gateway

@albertovaghi,

In your scenario, you would need to use personal gateway to refresh your dataset. For more details, please review the following knowledge base.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Knowledge-Base/On-premise-data-gateway-is-not-available-fo...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

I have seen reports in the past where having a cloud source and an on-premises source causes some issues. You might try moving your Excel file on-premises and setting it up in the gateway.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@albertovaghi,

In your scenario, you would need to use personal gateway to refresh your dataset. For more details, please review the following knowledge base.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Knowledge-Base/On-premise-data-gateway-is-not-available-fo...

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

albertovaghi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much for your answers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 392 members 3,632 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: