Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GellaiTamas
Helper I
Helper I

Sharepoint Online - Visualize Access data with Power BI in real-time

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Sharepoint and wondering how could I solve the following issue:

what my boss wants is having (Access) databases on the company's Sharepoint site which can be searched/filtered/etc. by the users. Is there any way to generate a preconfigured chart with simply pushing a button after the user has set the required data dimensions using a form and wants to visualize the data? What is the most common solution for this? Can I somehow use Power BI (maybe through PowerApps or in some other way) to tackle this?

Thanks,

Tamás

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GellaiTamas,

It seems the .accdb file stores in SharePoint online, right? If that is a case, you can use SharePoint Folder data source in desktop to get files in SharePoint online, then open Query Editor filter data only keep this .accdb file and expand data.

q1.PNGq2.PNG

You can create slicer visuals for users to filter data, also you can add visual /page /report level filters.

Publish this report from desktop to service, set schedule refresh for this dataset.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I think I was not 100% clear - apologies. So what I'm looking for is a solution that can be executed only using Microsoft products to chart/visualize data upon user's input in real time.

Something like this:

http://www.fao.org/faostat/en/#data/QC/visualize

The user sets the desired data dimensions/filters and the chart below (or it can be a popup window or anything else as well) gets automatically generated.

Is there any way to solve this within our Sharepoint-based company portal? If so, can it be done by using MS Access and Power BI within the Sharepoint site? If not, could you please recommend any solution that works?

Thanks,

Tamás

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors