Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nicke_

Sharepoint List only returns 100 first items

Getting data from sharepoint list only returns the first 100 items. This used to work with an earlier version of powerbi desktop(like a month ago) but is not working anymore. This is a on-premise sharepoint 2013. The sharepoint api returns 100 items by default. I can see all the items fine when viewing from the preview the Edit Query window but when trying to Close&Apply the changes or trying to refresh data it only returns the frist 100 items. 

I tried creating a completely new list but that did not help with this issue.

Thanks

Niklas

4 REPLIES 4
shiv1002
Regular Visitor

@nicke_ and @Anonymous any lead on how to fix this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @shiv1002,

No updates from Power BI team till date.

But as of now I managed  it by connecting sharepoint through ODataFeed option through which I can get all the required no. of rows.

Hope this could help u too 🙂 .

@Anonymous Thanks for responding.

Interestingly, I am able to get all items from a standard SharePoint list, some 10,000 plus rows, however, I am facing the limits items issue when connecting to an external list. This list is not even available when trying Odata method. I will see if I can get the required information from SQL.

Anyone else who needs help with Odata, here is quick link https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/40040.power-bi-two-way-to-get-data-from-sharepoint-list-library.aspx 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Surprised to see that the same issue still exist!

Is there any way to get over this issue?

I m still facing the same error where i cannot get more than 100 records from Sharepoint List to Power BI.

PLz do reply its critial.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors