Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharepoint Folder connector returning blank null for One Drive Business shared folder

Hi.

I am connecting through a sharepoint folder connector in Power BI. The folder is not mine, but it is shared with me (via edit permissions).  I cannot figure out what I am missing?!?

The folder in question is full of files, however, this is what is returned... all nulls.

jake-BIVisualiz_0-1593178578546.png

On the same tenant, I have no problem accessing a different coworkers folder.

jake-BIVisualiz_1-1593178790189.png

4 REPLIES 4
905759MS

Hi, 

I had the same issue, you need to modify the confidentiality level of your sharepoint access to "professional".

File --> option --> Data source parameters --> Modify authorization --> "Professional"

adrianmarano
Regular Visitor

Can you solve it? i have the same problem

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

You said that you could access different folder successfully , but can't access another folder, you need to check whether you have permission on other  files in that folder. If other user who has the same permission as you  connect  it, will he get the same result as you?  You could try to clear the permission in powerbi data source setting, then re-connect it to see whether it work or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I cleared the permission in powerbi data source setting but still get Null data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors