Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

martinslavoie

Sharepoint.Contents generates 'key didn't match any rows in the table' but only for some users

I have created queries to read off excel sheets located on SharePoint site (I have full control access). Those work perfectly when using my account. As soon as a colleague (who also has been granted Full Control rights to the entire site) tries to run the query it fails saying 'key didn't match any rows in the table'. The Document directory cannot not even be read as the query fails on this navigation step. 

I have had the user(s) remove all Global Permissions and then reconnect with using their Organizational accounts but that did not work either.

I have tried both .Contents and .Files methods and both fail. It certainly looks like an access issue but even my Sharepoint site admin could not find any issues with my colleagues accounts' permissions.

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @martinslavoie 

I wonder if you have tried using the 'SharePoint Folder' connector and inputing in the root of the site. For further information, you may refer to the similar thread to see if it helpss.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

edhans
Super User
Super User

I would have your SharePoint admin look at the permissions on the document library and compare that to a new site with no custom permissions set. I've seen issues where SP security/permissions caused weird issues. SharePoint.Files works, SharePoint.Contents fails. Importing a single file works, doing a combine operation fails, etc. Just weird issues that work totally fine in the browser but in Power Query these issues manifest themselves.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors