Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

van1111
Frequent Visitor

Set up Parameter "Data Source DNS Entries" when connecting to Teradata with .NET Data Provider in PQ

In Power Pivot, when using the “.NET Data Provider for Teradata” (database driver) , the Teradata Connector provides an interface where various connection parameters (properties) can be set. Within it, the “Data Source DNS Entries” can be set to a value that we specify, to meet our needs. Refer to the screenshot below.

However, in Power BI Desktop and in Power Query (in Excel), the Teradata Connector interface does not provide such option to customize connection related parameters. Is there a way that this parameter “Data Source DNS Entries” can be entered inside the M Code?

PowerPivot_TD.jpg

Thanks,

Vanessa

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @van1111 ,

By my research, I have not found any document and blogs about entering parameter “Data Source DNS Entries in M query.

I'm afraid that may not be achieved in power query (power bi).

Maybe @ImkeF who is good at power query has other ideas.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately no idea on this either.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors