cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
van1111 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Set up Parameter "Data Source DNS Entries" when connecting to Teradata with .NET Data Provider in PQ

In Power Pivot, when using the “.NET Data Provider for Teradata” (database driver) , the Teradata Connector provides an interface where various connection parameters (properties) can be set. Within it, the “Data Source DNS Entries” can be set to a value that we specify, to meet our needs. Refer to the screenshot below.

However, in Power BI Desktop and in Power Query (in Excel), the Teradata Connector interface does not provide such option to customize connection related parameters. Is there a way that this parameter “Data Source DNS Entries” can be entered inside the M Code?

PowerPivot_TD.jpg

Thanks,

Vanessa

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Set up Parameter "Data Source DNS Entries" when connecting to Teradata with .NET Data

Hi @van1111 ,

By my research, I have not found any document and blogs about entering parameter “Data Source DNS Entries in M query.

I'm afraid that may not be achieved in power query (power bi).

Maybe @ImkeF who is good at power query has other ideas.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Re: Set up Parameter "Data Source DNS Entries" when connecting to Teradata with .NET Data

Unfortunately no idea on this either.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Imke Feldmann

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 360 members 3,404 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: