Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

franzotti
Regular Visitor

Search using the CONTAINSSTRING with " (quotes) in text.

I need identify the sizes for the monitor.

How do i search using the CONTAINSSTRING for " (quotes) no Power BI ?
SWITCH(TRUE(), (CONTAINSSTRING(Dim_CA_NumeroSerie[Modelo], " 22" " )), " 22" " )

My Data Base:

franzotti_0-1673959502595.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Waldo35
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry but do you only need the one who are a specific set of digits or am i misunderstanding, my english isn't native. My script returns all the sizes, no matter the characters.

Extreem sample:

Waldo35_2-1673962804535.png

edit:

if u want to check for a specific condition on the result you can do a check on the new column with either if or switch. for instance: if custom = 16 then 1 else 0

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Waldo35
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry but do you only need the one who are a specific set of digits or am i misunderstanding, my english isn't native. My script returns all the sizes, no matter the characters.

Extreem sample:

Waldo35_2-1673962804535.png

edit:

if u want to check for a specific condition on the result you can do a check on the new column with either if or switch. for instance: if custom = 16 then 1 else 0

Thank you very much,
I wanted to use DAX, so I put double quotes to identify the table and it worked.

franzotti_0-1673964048767.png

Waldo35
Helper I
Helper I

Waldo35_0-1673960936227.png

this takes the text between a space and a ".

"""" is interpreted as "

But my base is not standard and there are monitors using 4 digits (18.5") for the description and others with 3 digits for the description (27").

So I was using switch to identify only the specified ones.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors