Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduling Refresh for data from OData Feed to CRM On-Premise in Service

I have been told that being able to connect to Dynamics CRM On-Premise (IFD) via OData Feed is not supported in the Power BI Service (correct me if I'm wrong).

You are able to get as far as authenticating the data credentials but the OAuth option is not currently available and as far as I know this is the only option that works in Desktop.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue and are there any work arounds available?

All I am wanting to do if publish a report which uses data from Dynamics CRM On-Premise (IFD) and be able to refresh it on a schedule. I do not want to have to publish it manually everytime the data updates.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

As per this official article, scheduled refresh of reports isn’t supported with Dynamics CRM (on-premises) datasets that are published to the Power BI service. I am afraid that you would need to manually upload PBIX file to Power BI Service after you manually refresh data in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response @v-yuezhe-msft.

I was aware of the article but was hoping someone might have found a workaround.

Any idea on whether support for this is in the pipeline?

I saw Dynamics Business Central now has an on-premise connector, surely D365 is coming soon. 

@Anonymous,

Unfortunately, there is no official information stating the pipeline.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors