Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Martinj9
Frequent Visitor

Scheduled refresh of SAP BW report (SAP businness warehouse) does not work

Hi everyone, 

I am unable to activate "Scheduled refresh" of queries connected through SAP Business Warehouse with BW connector. 
Refreshing with the desktop version works fine without any issues. 

The on-Premises gateway (personal mode) is also up and running without throwing any error messages. 

All local files connected to the PowerBi report are not giving any errors, but I get an error when trying to refresh the query connected through BW connector is throwing the error message "Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid, status code 400". 

I am only able to select authentication method "basic", and have tried all of the privacy level settings without success. 
Reaching out to check if anyone has a similar experience, and a possible solution? 

Thanks in advance! 

On-Premises data gateway: 

Gateway.PNG

Gateway connection: 

Gateway_Details.png

Error message when trying to set up scheduled refresh:

Scheduled_Refresh_Error_Image.png

6 REPLIES 6
sid_loki
Regular Visitor

I am stuck with the same issue - Unable to schedule the refreshes for SAP BW application server data connection. Any help in this regards is well appreciated 🙏 

Martinj9
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I have now updated both the Gateway and the Desktop version with the August release. 
Unfortunately no futher progress. 

All help would be highly appreciated! 

Martinj9
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Updated the post with screenshots of the error message now. 

powerbiharsha
Frequent Visitor

Me also facing simillar kind of issue. can anyone responsd on this issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/SAP-BW-Connection-on-power-BI-services-Error/m-p/765119/hig...

Martinj9
Frequent Visitor

Anyone who has any experience with this, and a possible solution? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue, just recently installed the (personal) gateway to test. I read somewhere that it requires additional security settings for your account. However, not sure what settings. Would like to know as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors