Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cceashe

Scheduled refresh fails with 'Cannot Connect to the Mashup data Source'

Hello,

we have on the premise data gateway installed and have a scheduled data source refresh daily. This has been running for around two months but has recently started failing with the error on the subject line.

The Detail shows this:

Underlying error code: -2146467259

Underlying error message: Microsoft SQL: Query timeout expired

Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

I've executed the query in sql server managment studio and it is slow  but does complete so I'm not sure if the timeout is occurring at our end or yours?

Can you suggest next steps in investigate further?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2

@cceashe Make sure you are on the latest gateway. There was a post on the support site related to publishing PBIX files in Northern Europe, but I haven't seen anything specific to refresh failure.

Another option is to performance tune the query since you mention SQL.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

The default command timeout is 10 minutes. If your query runs more than that and there is no way of optimizin it, maybe its worth considering. Have a look at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt260902.aspx CommandTimeout option in particular.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors