Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Scheduled Refresh Works with personal Gateway but not with ON PRemise Gateway

Hello PBI Community,

I m trying to set-up schedule refresh with the Recommended Gateway from Microsoft.

I want to Schedule refresh some CSV and Excel file from a One drive folder.

It works well when I m using the Personal Gateway, but when I try to do it with the recommended on premise gateway it doens't work.  Showing this message:

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 14.46.16.png

Access Unauthorized: How is this possible? I have permission to access and modify the One Drive folder, I did the set-up for the Gate way, basically I m the owner of everything except the Office 365 licence management which belongs to our IT team.

All of this is really workign well with perosnal gateway, so I don't understand why it won't work for On premise Gateway?

Any Ideas 🙂 ?

Regards

Mark Lovejoy

4 REPLIES 4
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you select Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster > Apply under Gateway Cluster Settings?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-mashup-on-premises-cloud

When you enable the function above, then after publishing to service, go to the setting->refresh under the dataset, supply the credentials used to connect to the back end data source.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Best Regards

Maggie

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you add "CSV and Excel file" as a data source under the on-premise gateway and give the correct credentials?

3.png

Reference:

manage a gateway

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

but which are the credentials? My personal office 365 account? Or the IT departement credentials?

Knowing that I m the one who created everything. (PBI file, Gate way, One drive is under my crendentials,...) Juste the office 365 licensing is handled by IT.

Mark

Hi @Anonymous 

Since the datasource is stored in OneDrive, so the account of OneDrive and Power BI should be the same one, the credential put in the dataseting is alos the same one.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors