Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

juliesam
Regular Visitor

Schedule refresh for power pivot from one drive shows error

Hi All,

I have opened an account in powerbi.com and taken the 60 days trial for power bi pro. I'm new to Power BI desktop. I have an excel 2013 file contains a table of data. Then I have added this to data model. This power pivot has been copied to OnDrive personal folder. I have connected to the file in onedrive personal from powerbi.com. Then I need to schedule refresh for the same. But, I'm getting an error message while trying to schedule refresh it.

"You cannot schedule refresh for this dataset because it does not contain data model connections. You cannot schedule refresh on worksheet connections or linked tables. To schedule refresh the data must be loaded into the data model."

Please suggest.

Regards,

Julie

3 REPLIES 3
PowerBIGuy
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Julie, there’s no need to schedule refresh. The data is automatically refreshed every hour when connected to one-drive. 

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant
DaveBreyley
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue.

I have done the following:

• Created a simple Excel file and set a table on my worksheet
  • added table to the data model, and renamed the table in the data model to TableX
  • saved the worksheet to OneDrive
  • on Power BI site, connected to the Excel file on One Drive.
  • the dataset sees the TableX in the data model

Schedule refresh is not allowed, error message is

You cannot schedule refresh for this dataset because it gets data from sources that currently don't support refresh. ...

Tried using a .xslx and and xlsm files.

Additionaly tried to use a power query rather then adding table to the data model.

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@juliesam Even I was facing a similar issue when scheduling data refresh for Excel file connected via One Drive for business/personal. But data refresh works fine with Data Management Gateway but not with One Drive. Shows error message as given above by @juliesam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors