Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule Refreshment of a composite model

Hi,

I have create a report and dashboard based on a composite model. This dataset/composite model consits of:

- 3 excel files imported from a SharePoint folder.

- 2 DirectQueries to a SQL Server connected by a gateway.

The DirectQueries needs to be updated minimum every 15 minute, but the excel files only needs to be updated weekly or less. How can I adjust/customize the schedules? Under settings it is only possible to schedule a refreshment daily or weekly - and only for the whole dataset.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your feedback. The main issue was that the pins on my Dashboard only refreshed once an hour and I needed it to refresh minimum every 15 minute. But I solved it by splitting my Dashboard up to pins from several reports and using "import" as storage mode for the reports/visualizations where it is necessary / the only choice - and "Direct Query" for the rest.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my tests and research, I'm afraid that we cannot set the different schedule refresh for one dataset.

May be @GilbertQ  will have other workarounds.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous 

When you are using DirectQuery it will always update to the lastest data in the report when you interact with the report items which are using DirectQuery.

In your case this should work fine and update immediately when you interact with the tables that use DirectQuery?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your feedback. The main issue was that the pins on my Dashboard only refreshed once an hour and I needed it to refresh minimum every 15 minute. But I solved it by splitting my Dashboard up to pins from several reports and using "import" as storage mode for the reports/visualizations where it is necessary / the only choice - and "Direct Query" for the rest.

That looks like a great solution

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors