Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule Refresh with Multiple Azure Blobs

I am attempting to set up a scheduled refresh for reports containing data from two seperate Azure Blob instances (One for development data and another with live production data). When trying to set up a scheduled refresh, I verify the credentials for each source and attempt to refresh. However, it seems that PowerBI is only using the key that I enter most recently for these sources instead of keeping the unique keys for each. Therefore, I am receiving an error when refreshing for the source that adopted the wrong key.

I am able to refresh these sources seperately from PBI Desktop and republish, but unable to do a scheduled refresh.  Does anyone have experience setting up scheduled refresh for multiple Blob sources? And does anyone have a clue why it won't accept unique keys for the unique Blob instances?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

The dataset get data from multiple Azure BLOB Storage accounts can be refreshed successfully on my side. It seems the issue related to Power BI cluster. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support from Microsoft engineer.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

If you get data from multiple Azure BLOB Storage accounts, after publish to the service,please go to the Dataset Settings, there should have multiple data sources. We need to enter corresponding access key for each account.

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Qiuyun for your reply, however, whenever I press "edit credentials" and enter the key for the Azure Blobs I am using, the keys do not stay distinct. Instead, they take the value of whatever the last key I entered. For example, if I enter the key for Blob1 and then edit the credentials for Blob2, the key for Blob2 willl be assigned to Blob1. So I am unable to schedule the refresh for both the Blob sources I am using. I'm not sure if this is a PowerBI limitation, bug, or my own error but will try to recreate this and post the procedure. 

Hi @Anonymous,

The dataset get data from multiple Azure BLOB Storage accounts can be refreshed successfully on my side. It seems the issue related to Power BI cluster. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support from Microsoft engineer.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors